Asthma Myths – How many of these you know?
All things somehow lead to certain myths. These claims, so called “Myths” are usually not even close to be real, however, there are cases when myths are plausible.
Following myths are about asthma, and like usually not true. Don’t believe everything you hear around, especially not when it comes around health related issues. If you have any questions regarding some medical condition, ask your doctor about it and he will help you or point you to specialist.
Now Asthma Myths are coming:
- Inhalers are not good for us, consuming medicine orally is better for us. – NO!
- Syrups and pills are cheaper than inhalers. – NO!
- Using inhalers on regular basis will make you habitual or even addictive. – NO!
- You can’t be physically active and exercise or just play around in case you have asthma. – NO!
- Inhalers should not be used by pregnant women. – NO!
- Asthma can spread from person to person, it is infectious. – NO!
- You will/can get rid of it as you grow. – POSSIBLE!
- In case you have asthma, it is impossible to live a normal life. – NO!
- Adults in acute stage are supposed to inhale steroids, they should not be used by children.
- In case your parents don’t suffer from asthma, than you cannot have asthma. – NO!
Now you can see why these claims are just myths. Like said before, don’t take seriously all you hear around, it is better to follow a routine that doctor have prescribed to you. This way you will be able to control asthma and live a normal life.
Are there any other Asthma Myths you have heard of?
Would you like to know more about asthma?
Read following articles to learn more: